The Basic Attitudinal Healing Course
The Basic AH Course was developed by Dr. Cirincione at the Hawaii State Hospital for persons with diverse abilities. It was piloted and has continued to be offered since 1996. This 9 week core curriculum for personal growth includes relapse prevention and has been adapted for many populations, including persons with Special Needs, English as a Second Language (ESL), prisoners, parolees, etc. and ranges in age from adolescents to seniors. Pre and Post tests are included along with Group Guidelines, Supplements, and a Diploma.
The purpose of the Course is to:
- understand the difference between a “positive” and a “negative” attitude.
- understand the effects of your attitudes on your life and on the lives of those around you.
- learn that you alone decide what attitude you are going to have.
- discover that others do not have to change or be different in order for you to be happy.
- learn to deal effectively with difficult people no matter where you are or what the circumstances.
- learn how to keep your thoughts in the present by not concentrating on the past and the future.
- experience helping others as a way of also helping yourself.
- take responsibility for your own attitude.
- understand that “attitudinal healing” is and how it can help you greatly with relapse prevention of unhealthy beliefs and attitudes.
- now that the quality of your life is greatly affected by your attitude towards yourself and others.
For further information please contact Trish Ellis at [email protected] or 877.244.3392 ex.702